2021 ANNUAL MEETING May 15, 2021 @ 1 P.M
You will receive an e-mail with additional meeting about how to log into the meeting.
CALL FOR CANDIDATES
Consider running or encourage another AMTA member to run for one of AMTA-NJ Chapter’s open volunteer positions.
Click here for additional information. Deadline to apply is April 10, 2021.
POSTED 3/11/2021 FROM: AMTA – NJ GR Committee:
AMTA-NJ Government Relations UPDATE
Dear Members and Friends,
The NJ State Massage and Bodywork Therapy Board convened a virtual meeting on March 3, 2020. Public members are able to attend with comments submitted prior to the meeting. Comments are considered for reply during the meeting.
The following is a brief summary of the Public Agenda items discussed:
Replies to Agenda Items:
1. A request was made that ProTrainings CPR provider be accepted by the Board as an approved provider. The Board members agreed that the curriculum of ProTrainings CPR certification meets the requirements of N.J.A.C.13:37A. Until the rules are adopted, the Board approved a temporary waiver to accept CPR from ProTrainings.
2. A request was made that CE Broker, a registry service for licensees to track their CE’s, be accepted by the Board as an approved provider. The Board concluded that is is not within their purview to adopt such services.
3. A question was asked regarding the ability to provide home visits if a licensee works for a home visit service franchise, and if medically necessary massage therapy requires a prescription. The Board concluded that medically necessary home visits do not require a prescription and that licensees keep in accordance with N.J.A.C. 13:37A-5.2 RECORD KEEPING. The Board reiterated home visits continue to be prohibited in accordance with A.O.2020-11.
4. A question was asked to clarify if clients refuse to wear mask properly can the therapist refuse to provide services. The Board reiterated that masks must be worn at all times except when face down on the table or may be removed for face massage and donned immediately following the sequence.
The NJ State MBT Board was briefed by the DCA Analyst designated to the MBT Board regarding the adoption of the proposed amendments to rules N.J.A.C.13:37A-2.1, 2.2, 2.3 and N.J.A.C.13:37A-4.1, 4.2 which were approved immediately prior to the COVID pandemic. The adoption of those changes in 2020 was put on hold because of the public emergency measures due to the COVID pandemic. The following statements are summaries of the current status of those amendments:
- The proposed CPR amendments to N.J.C.A.13:37A-2.1, 2.2, 2.3; will be revisited at another time following the COVID mitigation.
- That proposed jurisprudence amendment to N.J.A.C.13:37A-4.1; and 4.2 will move forward to be added to N.J.A.C.13:37.
- For a copy of those rule changes, please e-mail GovRel.AMTANJ@gmail.com
The MBT Board continue to complete public Agenda items with discussion and voting on actions regarding licensee disciplinary and reinstatement actions.
We hope this helps provide you with current information as it relates to the NJ State Board of Massage and Bodywork Therapy meeting of February 23, 2021. The next meeting will be held March 30, 2021.
DISCLAIMER: This summary is not to be misconstrued as the NJ State MBT Board minutes of the meeting. Those minutes will be posted when ratified by the Board. This summary is provided by the AMTA-NJ Chapter representatives who attended the meeting.
Currently, your AMTA-NJ GR committee remains vigilant in seeking a reconsideration of the home visit prohibition at this juncture during the COVID mitigation. Our lobbyist is actively reaching out to the State on a regular basis to have home visits reopen completely and not just limited to medically necessary therapy.
Additionally, the AMTA-NJ GR committee remains active in seeking ways to provide ease of practice in our local communities and elevate standards of practice. Should you experience difficulty with the license and ordinance rules when opening private practices or clinics, we are here to help you.
In addition to the email listed above, please refer to our website for useful information and links to other resources.
As winter winds down and we move into the refreshing energy of Spring, we hope that you can take a moment or two to enjoy a few moments of sunshine and the promise of a new season!
NJ AMTA Board and Government Relations Committee